Thanks to Zyrain for the original thread in the AQW Wiki.
First of all, I'd like to give you a warm welcome to this Wiki. It's great to get new editors sign up and watch them grow into model assets on this Wiki.
If you ever have any questions (no matter how big or small), please feel free to PM a Wiki Admin, Moderator or Helper as we are always more than happy to help.
We understand that it can be a confusing time when you first join the Wiki, as there are many threads you have to read in order to know how to edit and adjust into Wiki life. Hopefully this guide will help show you where to start, with a breakdown of all necessary information.
Rules and Information
This is your first stop. You must read all of these threads first, before you do anything else on the Wiki. If there's ever anything you don't understand, make sure you PM a member of the Wiki staff for clarification.
- HS Wiki Rules - Our absolute rules. These 10 rules must be followed at all times. If you fail to do so, you could be banned from the Wiki. First and foremost, you must read these rules and make sure you understand them.
- Adding / Removing Thanks - A universal list of when it is acceptable to add your name as 'Thanks' to a page. It also covers when you should remove someone else's 'Thanks'.
- Image Submission Guidelines - We expect the highest quality images on the Wiki, so these rules must be followed if you want your image to stay. There are specific rules for each type of item. You can also find tips on creating an image.
- Problem Procedures - If an issue ever arises with another editor or a member of the Wiki staff, this is how you should deal with the issue along with the chain of command.
Guides and Resources
These threads are here to teach you how to edit the Wiki. Use them to learn how to create pages, starting from the more basic of editing and working your way up to become an expert editor.
- HS Wiki Editing Guide (coming soon!) - The master guide to creating pages and editing the Wiki. A lot of it is complex information, which you won't need to learn just yet as a beginner.
- Wiki How To / Q&A - Not only does this thread cover the more basic tools to editing the Wiki, but it can also act as a Q&A thread where you can ask any question if you need help.
- Tag Discussion - A comprehensive list of page tags that we use on the Wiki alongside their requirements, which can also be used to discuss and suggest new page tags.
- Note Consistency - A detailed tutorial on how to add notes and keep them universal throughout the Wiki.
- Wiki Team - Learn more about the Wiki staff and the different roles on the Wiki. It also shows you which staff member is more appropriate to approach about an issue regarding a certain type of page.
- Wiki team application! - The roles of a Helper and the requirements. You can apply to be a Helper once you've familiarize yourself for a period of time and we see that you're capable of being in that position to handle pages assigned to you.
The Wiki is more about editing. It is a community open to all which we'd love for you to join and interact with.
- Birthday / Leaving / Returning / Welcoming Thread - Announce your arrival to the Wiki by introducing yourself here.
- Wiki IRC Channel - This is the Wiki's chat room. Come here to talk to other Wiki users and HS players. Remember that the HS Wiki Rules apply here as well.
- Wiki Suggestions Thread - A thread where you can post any suggestion you have for the Wiki. Larger suggestions can be made in the forum itself as a separate thread.
- Chronicle of Releases - Help record all the releases of HeroSmash. You can find more information, such as how to apply to work on the CoR, within this thread.
<3 HEROSmash — Wiki On!